Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Right Where I Always Wanted to Be
It's after 1am and I should be in bed, but I know Emma will be up for a feeding soon. It is hard for me to put myself to bed at night because when both kiddos are asleep I see the opportunity to get a lot of housework done (mainly dishes, laundry, picking up the house...) without interruption. When the kids are awake I often find myself busily trying to tackle a task as fast as humanly possible because I know at any second Emma is going to start fussing or Sammy is going to want his sippy cup refilled (or whatever). I must say, it is hard having a 2-year-old and a newborn at the same time! Motherhood has reached a whole new level. With all that said, I am enjoying every moment (Okay, I actually was not enjoying myself the other night when it was 2am and Emma was not wanting to sleep and no matter how much she ate she seemed to not be satisfied and she cried whenever I put her down and all I wanted to do was sleep...). I have always thrived when faced with a busy, demanding schedule. For many, many years this is exactly where I wanted to be.I watched TLC'S "A Baby Story" and "A Wedding Story" more than anyone else. I dreamed about being a wife and mommy all the time. I couldn't wait.I'm here and despite the "raw" moments, it's great and I'm thankful. And I am especially thankful that I have been able to stay home with my babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment