I haven't been feeling well this morning; I'm staying home from church (and for a different reason than what the story below would suggest). The good news is that I have finally been sticking with Weight Watchers. I'm seeing results and feeling very motivated. Even though I wanted to lose weight, I just wasn't that motivated the first year of Sammy's life.
Now, I want all my friends out there to not make the same mistakes I have made. I have this problem, I don't always follow directions. For example, a couple nights ago I was making salsa. The directions recommended that while chopping jalepenos the use of gloves will prevent irritation. Being a foolish girl, I thought, "Well, I don't need gloves! That won't happen to me!" Trust me, gloves should be worn while cutting jalepenos. My hands started to burn and there were blotches of red all over them. My husband suggested that I should soak my hands in a bowl of water & baking soda. That did not work. I went online to research how to stop the burning. A site recommended that I soak my hands in milk. While my hands were soaking there was some relief, but it did not last. I had to go to bed with hands that felt as though they had been burned by the sun. Yesterday, there were still spots on my hands that hurt but I'm almost back to normal today. So, heed my warning: Follow directions!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment