Noah arrived on December 15th, 2011 at 5:50am. My contractions began earlier at around midnight and I was unsure if I was truly in labor because, in the past, my water would always break first. Since it was so late, and grandma would have to come over to stay with the kids, I wanted to make sure this was the real deal. I convinced Travis that it was the real deal and off we went to the hospital. The labor pains were easier to tolerate this time around, but I still got my epidural, and after 10 minutes of pushing he arrived! When he was first placed on my chest he wasn't breathing perfectly and a specialist was there to get him breathing better. Being that Travis is a Paramedic, he even got to assist with the delivery. Noah is perfect and reminds me so much of Travis! On a side note, I must have some weak genes because all three of my kids look like their daddy!
| Emma loves her Noah & is upset that Sammy is holding him |
As of today, he is almost 3 months old and such a joy! At 1 1/2 months old he started smiling all the time and I think he may be my smiliest baby (if my memory is correct). My first two started sleeping through the night by 6 weeks and he is still waking me up at least once a night for food. I would love to have a full nights sleep but with three kids fighting for my attention I see his middle of the night wakings as time I get to spend just with him. His favorite place to sleep is on my chest and usually that is where he is sleeping between the hours of 3am and 7am. I put him to bed in either his car seat, his second favorite place to sleep, or his crib but always ends sleeping soundly on his mommy. He really does not like his crib much but I know someday he will fully make the transition. I admit, I do enjoy our cuddle time at night!
| Hello! From our backyard in Oklahoma City! |
We also moved to Oklahoma City for Travis' Paramedic to Nursing program and will be here for at least a year. More on that later. That is, when I have the time to update my blog!




No comments:
Post a Comment