Little Sammy, or should I say "BIG" Sammy is sitting up all by himself now. At around 6 months he was able to sit up but was a bit wobbly. Now, at 6 1/2 months he can fully sit up by himself! I just marvel at him and these milestones which are often taken for granted in life. Only 6 months ago he was just a little peanut and needed mommy and daddy to do everything for him. It really is amazing how much change a human goes through in the first year of life.
You can see Daxter in the background. It looks like he is saying, "Hey guys, let me in! I promise I'll be good."
This morning I woke up and my mind started thinking about the big mess in our house from all the painting projects. I was like, "That's it! I can't handle this mess anymore!" and I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned all day long. Actually, I should back up. My morning went more like this: I woke up around 6am (wasn't intending to), brought Sam into bed with me (Travis has been staying the night at his parent's house this week because he is taking care of his grandmother while his parents are out of town) because he's sick and I was worried about him; wanted him to go back to sleep; got up and made him a bottle hoping it would help him back to sleep; Sam kept kicking me and grabbing my hair; put him back in his crib. I tried to sleep but couldn't sleep that well because of my cold. Sam woke up a little while later and I got him up and changed him; brought him into bed with me. Fed him pureed carrots and peaches in bed (very carefully) with me. We both fell asleep and when I woke up I had my "I need to clean!!" moment. I was very motivated and I feel much better (well, except I still have a cold). : ) Now if only I could get this house organized. Problem is, we just have too much stuff.
Travis starts school this week. He is taking prerequisite courses for getting into nursing school. It feels like we've got this big mountain to climb and it will be forever until he is done with nursing school, working, making good money and then we can move outta here!! It seems weird when I think about 3-4 years from now (when he will be done with the program) and Sam will be 3 and hopefully we'll have at least one more child by then. I just can't even imagine what it will be like to have a 3 year old running around -- and be almost 30!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! Hopefully I don't have a lot more gray hairs (I've found a few). What is that saying? "Life is a journey, not a destination." Good words to live by when you want something that will take 3 years to get!



No comments:
Post a Comment