Friday, January 18, 2008

Our Current Project and a Picture of Sam


Travis decided to start taking the popcorn off the ceiling last night (you know that stuff people decided to put on every ceiling back before I was born) and once he started he realized it was going to be a much messier and bigger job than he thought. So now half of our dining room ceiling is de-popcorned. I think we have ADD or something because we both will start projects and not finish them only to be distracted by another project. Currently, half of our kitchen cupboards are stained a cherry wood and I have no idea when they will be finished. They were started in September/October when it was still warm and have been put on hold. I painted the kitchen a mocha color (it's actually called "caribou") and regretted that decision later but decided it would be too much work to paint the kitchen a different color. I didn't know that when you tape up areas to protect that you should remove the tape in a timely manner. It was a big ol pain to remove the tape. In fact, I put it on hold and probably busied myself with some other task like taking care of my son. Today must have been an inspirational day because I finally faced my frustration -- that kitchen!! I tackled the tape and repainted the areas where the paint had bled through. Which leads me to one of my greatest pet peeves (next to people talking during movies)...when paint bleeds through the tape and I have to go back and paint over it!!!! If anyone knows the solution to this problem I would be so delighted to know. I was told that I just need to take the tape off within an hour or so but I did just that today and it still bled through! Argh! Anyways, so Travis and I painted a lot today. I finished touching up the spare bathroom (another project we started a month ago and then put on hold and now are returning to), we painted a couple walls in the dining area and even had time to watch some TV. We will have to wait and see how long it takes us to finish the wall in the dining area (haha! The "dining area" it's more like a table which has become a place to put stuff -- hehe). Now you guys know all my dirty little secrets! I cannot wait for the day when we have this house redone and maybe even organized (hold your breath). This house hasn't had a face lift since 1983 so it will be a big project which probably won't be done until we are ready to move out -- haha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i know exactly what you mean about that tape and it not bleeding through. i've come to the conclusion that it is just better to use an angled brush and a steady hand without the tape. that way you can see exactly where the paint should go. that's one of the reasons i hate painting :) but good for you!

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers