I know, I've been horrible about blogging. I check other blogs often but never seem to have motivation to actually sit down and update my blog. Quick update...
I was silly for being worried about not feeling sick (look at previous message)because at around 6-7 weeks I FELT it! I was down for the count until I reached 13 weeks, approximately. It's very difficult to be sick and have a toddler to take care of.I'm so thankful to be out of that part of the pregnancy. I admire all those mothers out there who are sick during most of their pregnancies but still continue to have a lot of children. I know I'm a baby when it comes to pain and sickness.All of this is worth the little baby I get to eventually hold in my arms.
My husband gave me lots of books for Christmas!!
The Fulfilled Family, by John Macarthur
What the Bible Says About Parenting, by John Macarthur
Becoming a Woman Who Pleases God, by Ennis & Tatlock
"Don't Make Me Count to Three!" By Plowman
Living With Passion & Purpose (devotional on Luke), by Elizabeth George
Teach Them Diligently, by Priolo
Instructing a Child's Heart, by Tripp
Withhold Not Correction, by Ray
A Mom After God's Own Heart, by George
He went overboard! I was not expecting this much at all! He wanted to know what books I wanted and I gave him a list of options...I wasn't expecting to be this blessed!
Has anyone read any of the parenting books? It will be interesting to see all the different viewpoints. I never realized how difficult parenting could be until I became a mom! I have this hope/vision for who I want my son to become (i.e. kindhearted, servant's heart, godly,compassionate)and I just hope and pray I can foster those characteristics in him (and work on developing them more in my life as well).
1 comment:
yay i'm so glad you're feeling better!
shepherding a child's heart is AWESOME!!
Post a Comment