Saturday, April 26, 2008

My New Hobby

Let's see...got a lot to talk about but don't know where to begin.

Well, today I drove out to Napa to see my longtime friend Meghan and her new baby boy, Mattias. It was quite the drive but I brought along some sermons on cd to help. I listened to a John Macarthur sermon about sanctification and it made me nostalgic for those Master's College days. Those were some good times and I learned so much during my two years at TMC. I miss going to chapel during the week and listening to great preachers. I wish I would have really tried to learn the material in my bible classes. Sometimes I treated those classes just like my regular classes and memorized it just for the tests. Hopefully some of it stuck with me. Anyways, back to Meghan. She also has a 3-year-old daughter and Serene is such a chatterbox and so much fun. I cannot wait until Sam is that age.

I am so addicted to the Food Network Channel. I seriously DVR a lot of shows and will fast forward to the stuff I'm interested in. I have really developed a love for cooking and baking. I use to think that cooking anything extravagant would be beyond me (somehow I would mess it up) but after watching these shows I feel a sense of confidence. What would make this new hobby of mine especially wonderful is if I was not on a diet. Oh well, at least I will have a fat and happy husband! : ) (J/K Travis eats what he wants without worry -- grrrrrrrrrrrrr). With all this cooking going on I have now decided that I want a little herb garden. I did a little research and it seems like it will be fairly inexpensive. We don't have much of a backyard so I'm afraid a herb garden is as crazy as I will go for now. Someday, when we move I want to make sure I have a little area for a garden.

I think there was something else I was going to write about but I'm tired and need to get some sleep. I know you all want me to shush and just post some new pics of Sam and I will try to soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love the food channel too! many great shows-rachel ray and the barefoot contessa are among my favs!!

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers