So, it's a little early for this (since Sam is only 8 months old) but what do you guys think about public/private school VS homeschool?
I've gone back and forth on the issue over the years but I'm starting to now lean more toward homeschooling my children. There are a lot of factors that go into it and I may share these in a future post.
So, whaddya think?
1 comment:
We haven't decided what to do yet. It sort of depends on where we live. I don't think that I would be the best at home schooling. I've never been good at teaching people how to do things, but I guess it would be different if it were my children. I also don't want my children to become anti-social and not have any people skills which is gained through interactions with other children (I was never home schooled, so these may be ridiculous fears). I don't really have anything against public school--I'm a product of it (all the way through college). Obviously some of the stuff that is taught in public school is wrong (evolution, etc.), but I think that if your child has a good foundation at home and you are involved in their lives at public school, you can steer them in the truth. They're more likely to believe what you have to say and what you live out. Private school would be nice, but it's expensive. I also don't want my children to grow up in a bubble where I try to protect them from everything. At some point, they are going to be faced with the challenges of living in a fallen world. I just want to make sure they are prepared to face the battle before them. So, all that to say, I have no idea what we'll do. I guess right now I'm leaning towards public if we live in a good school district (safe and not dumbed down).
Post a Comment