Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bad Parenting 101

Okay, so last night Sammy started standing for longer than usual and would even take a step forward. PROGRESS! He did it twice, but when I grabbed the camera and tried over-and-over again to get him to just take one step forward he wouldn't do it. On top of that my camera only takes 30 second video clips at a time. By the end of it I was sweating, Sammy was fussy and ready for bed, and I was feeling silly for pushing him so hard to walk. He's probably going to finally walk when I am not around.Ugh! Anyways, so I was re-watching some of the videos and laughing at all my attempts and all the silly little things Sammy does. We don't let him play with the remote control or our cell phones (he usually drops them & then they break) so in my attempt to get him to walk I would use the old dangling carrot trick - in this case the remote control or cell phone (I know, totally Bad Parenting 101).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we've been doing the same thing with cael to get him to walk. it's hard when they're soo close to walking!! but, like you said, it will come :)

Victoria said...

Ha ha. He probably knows what you're doing and is choosing not to participate in your little game. I like how he holds the remote in his mouth :).

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers