Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Little French Fry Gobbler



My family took me out for a birthday dinner last Saturday and I picked the Elephant Bar. I haven't eaten at that place in the longest time and it was great! Sam enjoyed some french fries (see above).
Normally, I try to feed Sam only nutritious food. I'm losing that battle. I was fighting it for the longest time but now I have resolved to relax on the issue a bit and not stress as much about it. I will continue to prepare him healthy food at home, however out in the world (filled with grandmas, restaurants with junk food choices for kids, etc.) I will let it go. The reality is that if I make "junky processed food" off limits then I am also developing within him (possibly) an idol of the heart for all the things"mommy doesn't let him have." I should take my own parenting advice and eat only good, nutritious food as well. I know it is just a matter of time before Sammy will be saying, "But mommy, you aren't eating it, why should I?" Hmmm...there's a convo I don't want to have. I'm in the process of preparing healthy food for the family but it's difficult because everything easy to make is processed! And I love watching Paula Deen on Food Network but everything worth making is swimming in butter! Gotta love that Paula Deen! Hopefully between now and before he can put together a full sentence (like a weeks time ; ) ) I will have mastered a handful of tasty and healthy recipes the whole family will love. I feel very blessed however that he is a good eater and will eat just about anything I give him.
If you have any healthy, tasty recipes (and like to share) please let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cael loves loves french fries too! i decided that exact same thing for cael too-when we're "out" i'm not going to stress about what he eats! if you want to send me your email address, i can email you a few of my favorite, healthy recipes :)

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers