Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ants, Ants, and More Ants!

I have not been very diligent updating my blog,have it? (That was a rhetorical question). I guess I have just been busy. Sammy is getting into everything and I've got a climber on my hands. Yesterday, he dumped my whole makeup bag on the carpet and earlier he had dumped a whole bag of goldfish crackers as well. So, I've been doing a lot of vacuuming. We also have an ant infestation of epic proportions. It seems like whenever it starts getting cold outside they make themselves at home inside. Nothing is working to get rid of them and I really don't want to have an exterminator spray. I read online that a mixture of molasses, sugar and yeast may work because the yeast will cause them to explode. So far, I haven't noticed a big decrease in numbers. Anyone know of a surefire way to get rid of ants?? Other than that, Travis is keeping busy with work, school and football. He plays for a church league on Saturdays and Sammy and I go out to cheer him on. Halloween is coming soon (as you all know) and so we'll probably hit up the pumpkin patch soon. It should be more fun this year because now Sammy can actually pick out his own pumpkin. I am appalled by the cost of Halloween costumes and wish I had some kind of sewing talent. It's on my list of "Things to Learn How to Do".Anyone know how difficult it is to teach oneself how to sew & use a sewing machine (just for future reference...I'm not actually going to try to make him something for Halloween)? I wish I would have been a homemaking major at The Master's College rather than a Liberal Studies major. Homemaking skills would really come in handy now.I was looking for either a monkey (Sammy is obsessed with bananas), bear (It's part of his nickname and Sammy growls too), or lion costume (going a along with the growling theme). I think we're going to end up patronizing Walmart because finding a reasonably priced costume has been tricky.

I've just been busy attacking ants, cleaning, playing with Sam, and reading. I try to go through a devotional every morning. I have three Elizabeth George devotionals (love her books!!) and the main one I go through is regarding Proverbs 31. Boy, do I always feel convicted! That Proverbs 31 woman is amazing. Maybe in 20 years I will get to be half as amazing as she was.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

When I was in college to get rid of ants I used those Raid ant traps. It seemed to work. I just put them wherever the biggest ant problem was. You could also try spraying outside (around the perimeter of your house) if you don't want yucky chemical smells in the house.

Target has some cute costumes for infants and toddlers that run for about $12. I saw both lion and monkey costumes there.

Unknown said...

cael is into everything too. sure makes life interesting like you mentioned.
we had an ant problem and used those traps like victoria mentioned; i don't remember which ones i used but i used the entire box and placed them in just one area-like the bathroom. if you want them to work effectively you have to use all of them at once in an area, so if you have ants in multiple rooms/areas, buy more than one box. they really worked for me and i liked that there's no chemicals outside of them.

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers