Saturday, May 9, 2009

I've Lost that Lovin Feelin...for Blogging

I know, I'm horrible about blogging. I actually read friends' blogs regularly but when it comes to updating my own I just don't have the zeal for it. Plus, I have a very active toddler who keeps me on my toes. Sitting down at the computer for more than five minutes at a time does not really happen unless he's asleep. Our office, where our computer is located, is a complete disaster and having Samuel in here makes me a bit nervous.As soon as we get this air hockey table out of here I can get some organization going! I'm getting anxious about getting everything ready before Emma Jean gets here. As soon as the air hockey table is out of here, then things will really get into motion. If you could see the chaos in Samuel's room (soon to be Emma's room too) -- Omigoodness! There is so much stuff in there and nowhere to put it. We still need to paint, put a dresser together, organize all the clothes, put stuff up into the attic...omigoodness, just thinking about it is making me panic. Better start the lamaze breathing to calm myself down ;) Sam hasn't been able to pull himself out of his crib yet, so until then I can let his room slide.It's no wonder that he's unable to pull himself out, if you tried to lift him...he's like a ton of bricks!

I can't believe I still have a month to go until she's here (theoretically, but we all know it's a surprise when a baby actually is ready to be born). I look down at my belly and can't imagine it growing any bigger. She must be so cramped in there.My due date is in late June but I actually hope she will be born June 6th -- my birthday!! Whenever I have mentioned that to people, some will say, "Oh, no, I wouldn't want to share my birthday," but I can't imagine a better gift than to share my birthday with my daughter. Besides, I lost zeal for my birthdays after age 21. Age 25 stunk because I was sad about not being married yet. I'm not really stressing about turning 30 (two years from now) because I'm content with my life. I'm a wife and mommy of two! Maybe three by then!

Let's see....what else...Sammy can say: "Doggie", "Elmo", "Mama", "Dada", "Thank You", "Emma", "Ball", "That" (as in, "I want that" with his pointer finger extended), a word that I cannot mimic right now but when he says it I know he means "yes", "Huggie" as in "I want to give you a huggie".

He also does animal sounds: dog, cat (my personal fave), bear, lion,penquin, horse,duck,Cookie Monster (he acts like Cookie Monster all day long), that's all I can think of for now...

He looooooves Sesame Street (especially Elmo and Cookie Monster) and Cailliou (sp?). He also makes a bee line to pens and draws on everything (including himself...mostly himself).He loves eating cheerios with milk and a banana in the mornings. He loves talking on the cell phone and babbles away, but mommy has to be careful because sometimes he dials people, like Round Table Pizza(yes, I have them on speed dial, alright! Don't judge me ;) ). He adores our dogs and loves going outside. When it is time to go outside he will run and grab his shoes, sometimes mommy's shoes too, and brings them to me. Sammy loves books (just like his mommy) and is already showing great athletic skill (just like his daddy and definitely not like his mommy).Today, when I told him to get his football to bring over to grandma's he proceeded to bring me other balls, as well, and then came walking down the hall with about six stuffed animals in his arms.He may make me batty sometimes but there are so many moments that well make up for the tantrums.

No comments:

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers