Sunday, June 14, 2009

Patience is a Virtue

I am so impatient for Emma Jean to get here! I figured I would have her around 37 weeks like I did before but no such luck. I don't think my tummy can stretch any further than it already has. We have accomplished a lot in the last month and I was really starting to FREAK out around 35 weeks because barely anything was done.

I still cannot believe I am having a girl.There is a fear that instead of an Emma Jean it's going to be a Noah. Don't get me wrong, if I was having a boy that would be fine but it would be very difficult to get to delivery day thinking I am having a girl and then to discover it's a boy.I've only had one ultrasound, so I guess it's possible that they made a mistake regarding the identification of the gender. Actually, a lot of the clothes and blankets still have their tags on them just in case. I picked out a few newborn items to wash and the hand-me-down clothes/blankets, of course (should I be admitting this??). I do have a bit of nervousness and excitement about having a girl stemming from my poor relationship with my own mother. On one hand I am looking forward to having a close, healthy relationship with my daughter but then I am also fearful about history just repeating itself.

A big challenge will definitely be nursing a newborn and trying to keep my son happy at the same time. I guess it has been done a million times before so I shouldn't sweat it! I've been doing a little research on the web for activities (started an "activities" binder) and purchased a bulk amount of used board books from ebay.Someone also suggested that I make a special box for Sammy with special toys, snacks, etc. for when I need to nurse.I don't want to just plop him in front of the TV (sooo tempting a lot).

Other then prepping for Emma Jean, I've been hiding out a bit and relaxing (as much as possible with a toddler).

2 comments:

Victoria said...

So, is Emma here yet?

Emily Ban said...

No Emma yet...mommy is very much ready for her!

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers