Saturday, September 19, 2009

Measles

I am really regretting not making a decision regarding the MMR vaccine. Well, I guess since I haven't taken him to get it, there was my decision. I was so indecisive about it because of all the news reports declaring a possible link between the MMR shot and Autism. And now, Samuel may have measles. The doctor isn't sure yet. He has this weird rash on his body and I thought it could be chicken pox or an allergic reaction to something. He's fine other than the rash and a slightly decreased appetite. I was freaked out when the doctor uttered the words "could be measles" and I also was afraid for my 2 1/2 month old daughter. The doctor did ease my fears by letting me know that at this point, because she is under 4 months, she still has some protection from the antibodies she received from me while in the womb. Thank the Lord! I haven't noticed a rash on her, but she has had a slight fever (100.3 degrees) which appears to have gone down and a runny nose. This is going to be a long week and I just hope and pray that this is the worst of it.

No comments:

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers