Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Not Easy Being A Little Guy!




While Sam was eating his breakfast this morning he fell asleep! Of course, I took a few pictures. : ) I was actually a little excited that he did because it meant I could put him in his crib & actually take a shower without a problem.
Earlier this week he finally tried pasta with tomato sauce & he made a big ol mess (of course). He is so much easier to feed now that he almost eats the same foods we do. I try to feed him healthy foods & it helps me to eat better too.
We also put in his new car seat & thought he would finally stop whining when we're in the car but no such luck. He hates being confined I guess. We sometimes think about taking road rips but it just doesn't seem possible because unless he falls asleep all he does is whine & cry. I've even tried giving him toys & though that may give him a minute of entertainment he soon returns to crying. I tell you what, I cannot wait until he's old enough to reason with.
The other day it was such a hard day with him & I eventually broke down into tears. He's going through this stage of wanting to be with me or Travis (both, preferably) every second or otherwise he cries. He even will throw himself on the ground. I thought tantrums don't start until age 2! So, the other day Travis was at work & Samuel was just fussy all day & wanted to be with me every second & I was trying to get household stuff done. He wouldn't take a nap; he was having a rough day. Usually I have a lot of patience but I was so tired from not getting enough sleep that I finally just broke down & pleaded with him (I felt so silly that I was pleading with a 10 1/2 month old). I'm hoping today will be a better day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

having a hard day huh?! i've had my share of difficult ones too. hang in there. how come he wouldn't take a nap? that's so funny that you were pleading with him; he was probably so confused :) how come you are tired yourself? that's so hard being tired!!

Emily Ban said...

I don't know why he wouldn't take a nap. Some days he's just more tired (or less tired in this case) than others. And the night before I tossed and turned for some unknown reason.Coffee has become my new lifesaver.

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers