Ever had days when you just don't feel real motivated? That's been my last couple days. Not motivated to clean. Not motivated to exercise. And definitely not motivated to eat healthy. I did do stuff but I feel like I have not been very productive. I keep thinking, "tomorrow will be a more productive day!" That's always my mantra it seems ("Tomorrow my diet begins!" "Tomorrow I will get this house clean & organized!" "Tomorrow I will..."). And then I think that if I only could get Sam to sleep every night by 8:30pm & then be in bed by 10pm & then wake up at 5am (so that I can get a lot done before Sam wakes up) then, and only then, will I be able to accomplish everything. What's that saying "The heart is willing but the flesh is weak"? Uhhhhh...I think that is what it is. I wish I had enough self-discipline to get up early & to keep an immaculate home. But then I guess I'm wishing I would be someone else cuz that just ain't me. I don't see the point of making the bed & I was always the "messy" roommate during my college years. Thank the Lord my husband isn't a clean freak or else he'd have a headache all the time. But I make a mean chocolate chip cookie so I guess that makes up for my other weaknesses.
It's funny, back in day, before I was married I use to make pretend schedules of what I would do with every moment of the day once I became a wife & mother. I designated specific cleaning tasks for certain days, made up pretend children (names & ages included) & their pretend activities. I really thought that that is what I would do once I was married with child(ren). So, while my professors would pontificate about "this or that" I would be making schedules for my future "married with children" life. I thought I was the only weirdo who did such things but I am happy to announce that my good friend, and fellow weirdo, Sara Mallon also use to make similar schedules. I'm not completely abnormal --yay!! Anyways, so I came across one such schedule in my laptop.
So, just for the heck of it, here it is:
Imaginary Children:
Christian -- 5
Cameron -- 4
Gracie Jean -- 2
Monday:
5:30am Awake, shower, Bible time
6:00 Prep for breakfast, make lunches, basic cleaning
6:30 Wake husband & kids; Breakfast; clean up
7:00 Get kids dressed & get myself dressed
7:30 Leave to drop Christian off at school
8:30 Home + time with Cameron & Gracie
9:00 Laundry + Prepare grocery list
10:00 Grocery Store
11:00 Home + put groceries away + prep for lunch
11:30 Leave to pick up Christian
12:30 Lunch with kids
1:00 Clean up
1:30 Time with kids
5:00 Prepare dinner
6:00 Dinner
6:30 Clean up
7:00 Family Time
7:30 Baths
8:00 Get ready for bed + stories
8:30 Time with husband
10:30 Sleep
So, I guess that is how I imagined life would be & though I am not in those exact circumstances (i.e. I only have one child who is still an infant & does not go to school) it does seem pretty accurate. Well, except for the whole getting up at 5:30am part. Oh, and for the record, Travis has poo-pooed the names Christian & Cameron so those will probably not be showing up in the future. However, Gracie Jean will hopefully come to fruition but in the form of Emma Jean & then Gracie (still haven't solidified a middle name). This is of course if Travis relents & doesn't have a vasectomy after our first daughter (he's petrified of having a daughter!). I suspect she will have him wrapped around her little finger. Girls aren't so bad!
2 comments:
Your husband's heart will melt once he meets your daughter should God ever grant you one. Your list is funny. I remember doing similar stuff like that when I was 8 (not in college). You and Sara are "kindred spirits" as Anne of Green Gables would say.
i know what you mean about not feeling into doing what you're supposed to be doing. i always have to push aside my feelings, act on what i know to be right, and just do it. most of the time my feelings catch up with my actions, which is nice. but my feelings are so unstable and i just cant listen to them! hope you have more success in the Lord with those things. keep on plugging away. keep going and doing!!
Post a Comment