Thursday, July 9, 2009

First Bath & Sleeping A Lot




Like I said in the previous post, going from one child to more than one child is vastly different. It takes a lot of multitasking and planning ahead. There's a lot more guilt now because my attention is divided 4 ways (Sammy, Emma Jean, Travis, household tasks). Sammy has been acting out more since her arrival and I find myself wishing I could duplicate myself in order to give adequate attention to both children.I hear it gets easier.I do think I am a better mommy, wife, homemaker in other ways now that Emma Jean is here. I definitely manage my time better and am less prone to laziness. When there was just one child I "winged" it a lot. Now,instead of letting the dishes and laundry pile up I do a little throughout the day and it makes my life so much easier. Instead of procrastinating I find myself actually accomplishing tasks.I am a person who tends to thrive under pressure. Nobody is putting the pressure on me but I do want to be the best wife, moomy and homemaker that I can possibly be.I'm up for the challenge and there is no other job/career I would rather be doing.

1 comment:

Kim Archer said...

having two kids is vastly different huh? its double the work, but double the fun! congratulations on her birth, she is beautiful and looks like her brother! I posted about potty training since your not the only one who asked! :) Hope it goes well, I'd maybe wait till she's a bit older cause its quite alot of work! :)

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers