I'm sure you would rather see pictures than listen to me drone on about "this-or-that" but it's late, I want to go to bed before Emma gets up for another feeding, and I'm not sure where I put the camera. So, with that said (update time...photos posted later).
Well, I must say that I feel very blessed (or is it "blest"?) that Emma Jean is such a good baby and that she is not colicky! God knows what I can handle and I'm not sure I could handle that! She is definitely a bottomless pit, though. I cannot believe how much she eats. She loves to be held and is fussy when she is not held, unless she is sleeping. Emma often has a curious and inquisitive look on her face (furrowed brows) and I will have to get it on camera soon. Doctor says she is looking great and she has definitely regained her birth weight (over 10 lbs now!).
Sammy loves his baby sister and greets her every morning after he gets up. He refers to her as "baby" and not "Emma". He often pats or strokes her head and gives her a kiss. And now he likes to help me to give Emma her bottle. He stands beside me and holds her bottle until he gets bored or distracted by something else. He doesn't watch Sesame Street religiously anymore (actually, mommy was going a little crazy watching Sesame Street all the time so I introduced a new show). He now likes to watch Jack's Big Music Show and dances along with the music and participates singing along with the show (or making animal sounds) as much as possible.
Oh, and it's DEFNITITELY time to potty train Samuel (think "poop" and "smearing" and "all over" and "his crib" and "multiple times") but I really don't know how to go about it. It seems like most people wait to potty train boys when they are three but I am thinking that Sammy is ready. I'm open for suggestions!!!
1 comment:
I have absolutely no advice to give in the potty training department. I have heard that it can be a challenge to try when you a have a newborn at home, so you may want to keep that in mind in case potty training doesn't go very well. Does he have a tendency to poop when he's in his crib? Maybe it's the sort of thing where you'll really have to keep an eye (or nose in this case) on him and teach him to tell you when he's pooped.
Post a Comment