Saturday, October 13, 2007

Changes






I love this picture of Travis and Sammy. It looks like they are having "guy time."


Well, Samuel is 3 1/2 months now and is finding his voice more and more. I find that in the morning he seems to be the most active (which is interesting because he definitely didn't get that from his parents). I am a bit sluggish and not so bushy-tailed in the wee hours but as soon as I see his smiley face exclaiming, "Hi Mommy! I'm ready for food and to play!" it's like a shot of espresso. I just LOVE to hear his little laugh. I tried to put his high chair together the other day and spent literally an hour trying to get the back on before finally giving up. I tried again multiple times and just decided to let Travis give it a go. He walked up to the chair and slid the back on with no problem at all. You can imagine my embarrassment but it was quite amusing. He's not ready for the high chair yet but I know he will soon enough. I can't believe he's going to be eating solids soon. Of course I am very "by the book" parent so I will be following the doctor's orders (and all the info I've been getting from books and online). I've also decided to puree the baby food at home instead of buying the little jars of already canned baby food. My husband initiated the idea and I thought it was going to be too much work but I changed my mind. I was watching Oprah (Gotta love Oprah -- I DVR all of her shows) and Jessica Seinfeld was on with her book Deceptively Delicious. She has picky children (who doesn't?) and found ways to sneak in spinach, carrots, butternut squash and other healthy foods into her children's meals. So, little did they know when they were eating their chicken nuggets that the batter had pureed vegetables in it. I was really impressed and will definitely be purchasing this book.



We decided that his new conductor career is not going to work out. He is gone a lot, the money is not as good as we were told and he just does not enjoy it. Instead, he's going to continue pursuing a career in the medical field. He is a paramedic and we both believe that he should continue pursuing what he appears to be good at. He's definitely calm in emergency situations (I'm definitely not). Except, he is going to nursing school which will take about 3 years with prerequisites. We are currently trying to develop a game plan so that he can go through the program and we will also be able to pay the bills. His mom owns a home-based travel agent business and I am learning how to become a Travel Agent. This way, I can be at home but bring in income as well. I am hoping and praying that this works out.


And how I could I possibly forget to mention that he is experiencing his first cold! My poor baby! We all have colds but he has it the worst!



2 comments:

Abu Saif al-Andalusi said...

Lovely boy. Great parents
http://elbaluartedeoccidente.blogspot.com/
Luis

Beck said...

If you're still interested in becoming a travel agent check out goldrush getaways and you can help me learn about it too! Only problem may be the up front cost but everything they pitched us at the initial presentation has been true.

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers