Friday, October 26, 2007

Good Riddance to My Baby Weight Please!!


This picture was just taken a little while ago.
I decided I should probably do something with our rotting bananas instead of just throwing them away, so last night after I put Sam to bed I made two loaves of banana bread. Definitely not low-fat so I'm trying to be a good girl and only have a little bit.
The Weight Watchers system has really been the only diet that has ever worked for me. I finally reached a slimmer me and then got pregnant. I gained about sixty pounds during this pregnancy (Eek!! Did I actually admit that in my blog?) and have only lost about 25 of it. Really, the 25 was all baby and stuff, but that other 35 was allllllll me (darn cravings for doughnuts and ice cream). I really didn't gain much weight during the first 6 months and then all of a sudden it all changed! BAM! Scale went up-up-and away...!
While I was buying groceries at the market today a magazine title caught my eye. It was "Thin By New Year!" and had Trista Sutter on the cover, holding her newborn son. It caught my eye especially because I am determined to lose 30lbs by the new year. It makes me frustrated that somehow, by some wierd set of standards, she is not thin. I guess she's frustrated because she's 116 and not 108. But then again, guess I can't judge because if it were physically possible for me to be 108lbs (and still be healthy) I would probably try get down to that weight as well. I'm just frustrated because my body has been stubbornly holding onto this fat. I wish we could just exercise and eat healthy for a week and drop 20lbs instead of just 2-3lbs. I'm glad God gives us new bodies when we get to heaven!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I thorougly enjoyed reading your joys, your pains, your hopes for the future and seeing all of the new pictures. If you get this today, and Travis is at work...or not...would you like to come here to trick or treat with Christian and Garrett? She will be here close to seven PM because of work. I can't wait to go out again. This neighborhood is safe, and I would love to see Sammy! Thanks for including me in your blog. I can't wait to read more! You are INTERESTING! I love you,
Jeani

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers