Saturday, February 9, 2008

More Awe-Inspiring Than an Olympic Athlete

So, two nights ago I was in the kitchen chopping lettuce and talking on the phone to my cousin Wendy. Sam was in the livingroom (within view of course : ) ) on a blanket playing with his toys. During the conversation I glanced over at him and...he was crawling!!!! Of course he was moving toward a box that needs to go up in the attic instead of any of his many readily available toys. I started yelling, "Travis!!!He's crawling!!" Travis comes running in and we marvel at our child and his new accomplishment. Nothing compares to seeing your child crawling and I hear that walking is even more miraculous to watch. I don't think I have seen an athlete on tv or in person who has made me as in awe as I was in that moment. Of course I took pictures and videotaped him. I keep meaning to post them but it has been busy-busy-busy around here.

Sam had a checkup at 7 months (we were unable to get an appointment for the normal 6 month checkup) and doctor says he is looking great! He weighed 19 lbs. 13 oz. His height was 27 1/2 inches. Of course the circumference of his head was in the 95th percentile (big noggins in our family) and his height and weight were both in the 75th percentile.

I've started to allow him to use a sippy cup once in awhile. He's slowly starting to get the concept but still LOVES his bottle. I'm sure it will be difficult to break him from his bottle someday. It's so cute to watch him knaw on teething biscuits. It's not so cute when I have crumbs on my mouth but on him it's freaking adorable! : )

Other things about him: He doesn't know what to think of dogs and gets scared if they get to close or start to bark at him. He loves books just like his mommy! Anytime the tv is on he will twist, turn and crane his neck to watch it. He loves mirrors. When he's really tired he will get super hyperactive and kick his legs against the ground or crib mattress, move his arms around, giggle uncontrollably, roar, and just be a complete nut. He loves bananas the most. He loves long hair and grabs and pulls on mommy's hair with an iron-grip multiple times a day (mommy has figured out why a lot of women cut their hair short after they have kids). He squirms and tries to get away anytime he is being changed. He always flips himself over on his stomach when it's time to sleep, tucks his arms in and sticks his butt up in the air.

No comments:

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers