Friday, August 8, 2008

New Path

It has been my hope that I would always be able to stay at home with our child(ren).I wish that could be possible but life circumstances do not always work out the way we want them too. I have been lookng for nanny jobs and have been unsuccessful at even finding a nibble.Our direction has changed dramatically within a week's time.

Earlier this week I was researching nanny jobs online. Somehow I came across a California Teacher Credentialing Program that is flexible. It is a 16 month program and I will start out in the classroom as a student teacher almost immediately and would only be in the classroom in the morning. The rest of the coursework I would be able to do from home. Most programs require a fulltime commitment (which would not work for us). The more I looked into it, the more I was convinced that it could actually work for us. And, by the time I earn my credential it will be just before Travis begins his PA program (a 2 year commitmenr; he will not be able to work). We wondered how on earth we were going to survive financially during those two years. When I told Travis about the program he was all for it. It scared me because I was just throwing the idea out there. I wasn't serious! I had not really thought the logistics of it through and now he wanted me to do it!! I wanted to fight the idea but my logical side knew it was a wise course to take. Plus, I'm trying to follow my husband's lead even when I don't necessarily want to do what he is asking of me (I don't want to be away from my son!!). I just need to learn how to have a joyful spirit when I am submitting to his leadership. Anyways, so I have been working through the application process this week and praying for a joyful spirit. Whereever this ends up is where God wants me. For now, I'm applying and seeing how God answers.Oh, and in case you were wondering, while I'm going through the program Travis is going to adjust his school and work schedule as much as possible so that he will be with Sam. Once I am teaching, Sam will be ready for preschool and will be in his own classroom. I have often desired to homeschool our child(ren)but at this time, it's just not possible.

So, that's what I have been up to. Blogspot still posts a weird code whenever I try to post pictures (which is why I haven't posted any pictures lately). Frustrating!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I'm sorry that you can't post any pictures! I wonder what the deal is.

The credential program sounds promising. Maybe you will eventually teach at the same school Sam attends! The Lord knows your desire to stay home with your son, and I'm sure He's pleased. It's not always possible to live off one income, especially with gas prices, food prices, living costs, etc. being what they are. I hope it works out for Travis to be home while you're gone. Too bad we're not closer. I'd love to help out! Your family will be in my prayers.

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers