Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Update

Okay, so I never did post regarding that picture of Sam at the beach. We went to Dillon's Beach, in the Bay Area, as a family. This beach has sentimental meaning to us because Travis took me there on one of our first dates. The first time we went it was beautiful. This time, not so much. It was very foggy, a tad cold and too windy. Sammy cried and whined for most of the way there and back. On the way back I finally resorted to distracting him with food. I sat in the back and gave Sam food to keep him quiet, while Travis drove. Wow, I'm not sure if I have just set him up for a life of obesity or what.Next time I will be better prepared.

The day before the beach trip I dragged Travis and Sammy to the California State Fair. It was First Responders Day so Travis got in free and we parked about a half mile outside the park in order to save eight bucks. We walked around and looked at the exhibits mostly. I think it was just nice to do something together as a family (other than watch TV, go to the park, or go out to eat). We actually did end up going to TGI Fridays afterwards.

I start my teacher credentialing program next week. I'm actually kinda excited about it. Though my grades may not reflect it, I really do like school. I enjoy learning, taking on a challenge, setting goals and reaching them. I must admit, I am sick of cooking and cleaning. I'm not going to stop these tasks just because I am in school but it will be nice to feel like I have a purpose. I know, I know, I have a great purpose and it's takng care of Sammy and Travis. I love that I get to be a wife and mom but sometimes the daily tasks of maintaining a household get monotonous.

1 comment:

Jeani said...

Hi Emily,

Phew, I had forgotten my password so it took forever to get a new one.
I just heard you are going back for your teaching credential's. Are you going to Sac State? Tell me all about it. I love you dear darling niece of mine!
Love you,
Jeani

Our Expanding Family

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers