Here is what happened yesterday while we were in our "office" trying to clean & organize it...
T(Travis): "Why don't we put the sewing machine up in the attic?"
Me: "No, because I want to teach myself how to sew."
T: (Trying to find a place to put his textbooks) "Well, I'm going to put my textbooks on top of your bookshelf"(which is full of my cookbooks,fiction, binders, home improvement how-to books, and then there are christian books on the top shelf)
Me: "You can't put your textbooks on top of my books...I'm going to read all of those books. I won't have easy access to them."
T: "So, you are going to read all of those books, teach yourself how to sew, go through credentialing school and take care of Samuel??"
Me: "Yeah" (doesn't he know? I'm Wonder Woman)
That's typical me. I plan 5 bazillion things & I think I can accomplish it all. Furthermore, I don't want to get rid of anything because I think I may need it in the future.
Upon further reflection I now realize that I can probably get rid of those fiction books and make room for his textbooks. I just haven't been interested in reading fiction in a long time. It's just like watching TV...feels like a waste of time. Instead of living my own life I am watching someone live theirs. Don't get me wrong, I do watch TV, but I try not to.
Well, gonna go box those books up to take to a used book store. Won't he be surprised when he gets home?!!
No comments:
Post a Comment